onsdag 31. oktober 2012

QRV from Franklin, MA; FN42GC












QRV from Franklin as W1/LA7DHA/P - Residence Inn Boston, Franklin. I'm staying here for a week.
My antenna is an Par Electronics EF-10/20/40 MkII
I asked for a "high floor" and the room is in third floor at the back and many trees are situated close by.
So, getting the antenna up was pretty easy.
The antenna also survived the hurricane Sandy - luckily, Franklin was not hit that hard.
Working modes are mostly CW and JT65.
Using JT65 its easy working EU stations at 5Watts.
So far only CW contacts with US stations. Conditions are not very good in the evening and in the morning
I have a window between 06:00 - 08:45 every morning - and conditions on 20m is not acceptable before 07:00 local time.

The Palm 817 Paddle was very easy to mount.
Unbelievable nice to use. I'm used to the Bencher's, but for travel my heavy Bencher is not needed.

I have mounted the Palm Peg Leg Kit for the FT-817.
Clever invention!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar